White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan.

2 posters

Go down

White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan. Empty White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan.

Post by jamie79512 January 2nd 2017, 3:51 pm

I recently was gifted a boatload of mid-century ceramic/glass, and one piece in particular I haven't been able to identify.

I only have the lid. It's white, there is a single black squiggle overlaying a gray line. My father told me he think's it is Franciscan, but I can't seem to find any similar styles produced by them.

There are no markings that I can find.

Front:
White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan. Img_3911

Back:
White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan. Img_3910

I'd love to find the vessel this belonged to and complete it, but just knowing what it is would mean a lot.

Thank you!

Last edited by NaomiM on January 2nd 2017, 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Resizing photos)
jamie79512
jamie79512

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-01-02

Back to top Go down

White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan. Empty Re: White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan.

Post by jamie79512 January 2nd 2017, 6:39 pm

Solved it!

It's a Metlox Aztex handled serving dish / fruit dish. The bottom is as cool as the lid.

White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan. P0000010
jamie79512
jamie79512

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-01-02

Back to top Go down

White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan. Empty Re: White Lid, No Markings. I was told it's Franciscan.

Post by studio-pots January 2nd 2017, 8:36 pm

It's an interesting looking dish and glad you've solved it.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum