Van Briggle "Damsel of Damascus"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Van Briggle "Damsel of Damascus"?

Post by aj_chicago on August 12th 2016, 9:17 pm

Something has been bothering me for years. People are calling these lamps "Damsel of Damascus", but as you see, they are similar, but very different lamps. The greenish one has the urn on her right and her right hand visibly steadying the urn. The bluish one has the urn on her left and her right hand completely hidden behind her head. How can they both be "Damsel of Damascus". Further, I have a third (not pictured) that is completely nude from the waist up, urn on right and right hand steadying the urn, and she has an obvious crown or tiara with the center, triangle shape protruding above her head and hairline and is also obvious on the sides of her head. These cannot all be the "Damsel of Damascus". Does anyone know what they really are? I don't know how this post is going to be presented. I discussed images, but then could not post images or links to images (for 7 days since I am new). So, sorry for the color discussion, but the rest still goes. If anyone has any input to this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

aj_chicago

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Van Briggle "Damsel of Damascus"?

Post by NaomiM on August 12th 2016, 9:50 pm

You tried to post the website links as images so they werent showing up.
We don't allow links to auctions on the forums (with the exception of the Lava Lounge) because the images are usually lost in a few months, especially eBay ones, so I've copied them to Pinterest. Visit the original websites to see the rest of the pictures.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/175077504243610393/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/175077504243610391/

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 15943
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on August 12th 2016, 10:00 pm

As this isnt an ID request I'll move the thread to the General Pottery Discussion forum in due course

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 15943
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum