Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form

3 posters

Go down

Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form Empty Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form

Post by randomengineer June 27th 2016, 5:55 pm

Picked up this beautiful vase at an estate sale; can someone identify anything about it or provide clues? No maker's mark that I can see.

Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form Img_2013
Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form Img_2014
Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form Img_2015
randomengineer
randomengineer

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-06-27

Back to top Go down

Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form Empty Re: Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form

Post by dantheman June 27th 2016, 7:22 pm

looks Victorian in style

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form Empty Re: Arts and Crafts Vase, sculpted tree form

Post by Mordeep June 27th 2016, 8:33 pm

The style looks Austrian/main land European from the period just after 1900 to the first world war. But that base is very unlike the Austrian stuff I have seen. Not sure if it is even European. The glaze is bit matt, not very shiny like most European from the period.

I think it's probably not traveled that far. If I had to guess I would say American from the 20's. A design inspired by earlier imports but with a very American late 20's glaze. Retailers often went to local potteries and got them to make versions of things they have found, they still do. I can imagine that vase very easily as a bit of early 20th century Czech glass.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum