Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table

2 posters

Go down

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Empty Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table

Post by seandux March 20th 2016, 8:10 am

Hi. Hope someone can help. I found this retro coffee/occasional table in our local auction in the North West of England. Unfortunately no label so I've no idea who made it or can date it. It is veneer (I'm not very good on wood so not quite sure what - maybe teak?) and very heavy. It measures 113 cms long x 37.5 cms wide x 58 cms high. But the most fascinating thing is that one of the lower shelves ccan be easily lifted to go along side the top shelf. You simply pull a small brass 'knob' and it swings up. See the images below. Image 1 is the table in its normal state, image 2 is the knob, image 3 is the table half-way into extended position, image 4 is fully extended. I've not seen anything like this before and would really like to know something about it. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Retro%20table%201_zpsdnvyllji

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Retro%20table%205_zpsjsdd2pvr

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Retro%20table%203_zpsanqnjisq

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Retro%20table%204_zpsk7h9gytn

seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Empty Re: Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table

Post by denbydump March 20th 2016, 8:57 am

Any maker's marks on the castors? might give a clue.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7205
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Empty Re: Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table

Post by seandux March 20th 2016, 3:44 pm

I've had a good look and cannot see any marks on either the casters or the lifting mechanism, so no help there I'm afraid.  The only thing I have found is at the bootom of one of the sides is a white plastic disk embedded in the wood.  Maybe it might remind someone of something.  I've put an image of the disk here.

Can anyone help id this coffee / occasional table Retro%20table%206_zpsvzs5pbxv
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum