Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece

3 posters

Go down

Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece Empty Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece

Post by lindylou08 September 5th 2015, 6:11 pm

Hammered copper / enamel panel/ wall hanging 28cm x 57cm. Mounted on wood . No signature or mark. Was imported before 1995 by a company in Worthing, West Sussex according to label on the back.

Have had a quick look on the net and can't be sure of its origins - Swedish, Greek or???????? -  although my instinct told me it was Scandinavian when I first saw it .

Any thoughts gratefully received

Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece P1010113   Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece P1010117  Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece P1010118

Thanks
lindylou08
lindylou08

Female Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2012-11-09

Back to top Go down

Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece Empty Re: Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece

Post by brin mcardle September 5th 2015, 7:00 pm

i think its Scandinavian.....like it
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece Empty Re: Hammered copper and enamel panel - Aethra Greece

Post by dantheman September 5th 2015, 7:23 pm

are you sure it is enamelled? I have a very similar plaque which is made to look like enamel on copper

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou08 September 5th 2015, 7:40 pm

May not be enamelled , may just be painted.

Further digging has turned up that it is Greek. Similar ones go under the name' Aethra Greece'. Mid century.

Sometimes attributed to or compared with the work of Panos Valsamakis who is a well known mid century ceramacist Shrugs
lindylou08
lindylou08

Female Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2012-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by brin mcardle September 5th 2015, 8:08 pm

Well...there ya go
brin mcardle
brin mcardle

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum