Raul Coronel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raul Coronel

Post by audrey77 on June 23rd 2015, 8:18 am

I hope this post does not appear too bizarre, My dad had this hung up in his log cabin in Alaska. He has passed away but did tell me years ago that he (and I) are related to the artist who made this and of course now I wished I had asked so many more questions while I had the opportunity. Without going into the whole ancestry, my Great-Grandmother was Grace Simon, maiden name Coronel (I believe). So my google search has led me here and in a short amount of time I have read through your Q & A posts (more than once) and have become very intrigued. I am hoping that you can confirm whether or not this piece is by Raul Coronel or an assistant.
http://www.servimg.com/view/19256311/1
http://www.servimg.com/view/19256311/3

I apologize in advance if I did not insert pics correctly, and hope to not waste your time.

Audrey Strickland
audrey77

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Raul Coronel

Post by dantheman on June 23rd 2015, 11:33 am

it certainly has a Mexican look to it Audrey but I'm sure our Coronel expert will be able to advise you

"Modern Art" is produced by incompetents, sold by charlatans and bought by ignoramuses?

It is enlightening to juxtapose "Fine Art" to "Modern Art"
dantheman
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 12592
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Calusa on June 23rd 2015, 3:28 pm

Hi Audrey, Yes your piece is by Raul Coronel. Despite the "coronel" signature as opposed to "raul" it appears to be his work as opposed to that of an assistant. The pictures are a little fuzzy. If you could re-shoot it and email a photo to me at vht@att.net, I will forward it to Raul and ask him about the family connection.
Mike (Calusa)
Calusa

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum