dantheman
22 Crawford St.
climberg64
big ed
NaomiM
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What are you collecting at the moment? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you collecting at the moment?

Post by NaomiM March 30th 2015, 11:31 am

Emma54 wrote:
philpot wrote:Buy small stuff. When you get fed up with it,its so much easier to post! Happy

dantheman wrote:and far easier to display

Thanks!

Thinking of  branching into stuff that cant break so safer to post,eg cross stich, make up, books

did all this 10 years ago, like deja vu, but always loved ceramics most, however well i pack i always fear it will break in transit unless you pack it like fort knox!! Ie too much

I'm packing things like Fort Knox! Happy  Really paranoid that things are going to break in the post. At least myhermes have a set price per weight rather than size so I can double box and not worry if it's a small or medium parcel.
Putting my money into smaller items like yunomis. Buying them from around the world (that's half the fun) via Etsy. Surprised by the differences in postage. I can get one from Japan for £6, or from Minesota for £33, although most US ones fall in the £11-£18 range but one guy wants £50. The Yunomi only costs £20! Might give that one a miss. Not going to see a return on the investment because of postage ; this is just for fun.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

What are you collecting at the moment? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you collecting at the moment?

Post by big ed March 30th 2015, 2:30 pm

look forward to seeing the Yunomis you buy , I'll need a bit more research into them before buying .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 30th 2015, 3:16 pm

Waiting on two packages from the states then I'll post some photos. A couple of the buys were just 'handshake' purchases, because I'm after their larger works which get snapped up quick before they post them on the online shops. I've also commissioned a few pieces in the glaze colours and shapes I want - nice thing about Elsy is you can look through their back catalogue of sold items.

One really frustrating thing is contacting potters who say 'contact me for international postage' but then being ignored. One guy must have 3 emails from me sitting in his inbox, and I've sent a friends request via FB, but still hasn't got back to me. Don't they want to sell their work?

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31419
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum