Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify

4 posters

Go down

Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify Empty Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify

Post by mtzullo October 22nd 2014, 11:20 am

I recently purchased this vase in Mainz, Germany.  Nice lava glaze, but no identifying marks on the bottom.  There *may* be some numbers etched into the base, but I cannot make them out.  The clay is white.  The piece is 25cm tall.  Any help with identification is greatly appreciate!

Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify <a href=Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify Unid114" />Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify <a href=Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify Unid213" />
mtzullo
mtzullo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify Empty Re: Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify

Post by dantheman October 22nd 2014, 2:25 pm

the image seems quite dark? is that the true colour?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15414
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify Empty Re: Bought in Germany, but I cannot identify

Post by mtzullo October 22nd 2014, 2:42 pm

The photo of the vase is true color. I fiddled with the lighting and angle to photogrpah the base in order to show what may be the numbers on the base. The clay is white, and the glazing on the base matches the body of the vase.
mtzullo
mtzullo

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 22nd 2014, 3:14 pm

looks like crystalline glaze

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman October 22nd 2014, 3:26 pm

Horst Kerstan is the only potter I know who made crystal glaze in Mainz

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by styleinvasion October 22nd 2014, 5:21 pm

There are a lot more who did crystalline glazes, wendelin stahl, gerald and gotlind weigel, elke and elmar kubicek, rolf weber and many others....
but i think this vase is factory made...
styleinvasion
styleinvasion

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://adorabilis.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mtzullo October 22nd 2014, 6:25 pm

Definitely not crystalline glaze. I purchased the vase in a second hand store in Mainz, but it could be from anywhere. I bought it because of the lava look of the glaze, despite the fact i couldn't read the mark...if that really is a mark. It certainly could be factory made. I'm hoping to identify it further. Thanks!
mtzullo
mtzullo

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM October 23rd 2014, 12:33 am

Jopeko, maybe.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31291
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum