Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified)

4 posters

Go down

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Empty Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified)

Post by Sepultus July 13th 2014, 6:26 pm

A tankard I picked up today, would love to know who made it, any help appreciated.

There are 2, very similar, marks, one at the bottom of the handle and the other on the base.

Paul

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Tankar10

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Tankar11

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Tankar12
Sepultus
Sepultus

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Empty Re: Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified)

Post by big ed July 13th 2014, 6:30 pm

looks a bit like the Dianna Peyton mark in t' book .
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Empty Re: Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified)

Post by studio-pots July 13th 2014, 6:40 pm

You are correct, Ed, but nothing like her work, which I'm familiar with.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by big ed July 13th 2014, 6:50 pm

ok sp,ta, the mark is now begining to look like an s  Laughter 
big ed
big ed

Male Number of posts : 11942
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 30th 2021, 7:31 pm

Closest I've found is Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery

Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Bert_s10
Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Bert_s11
Tankard with dp mark - Bert Simpson, Stonecroft Pottery (to be verified) Bert_s12

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31291
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum