Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn?

2 posters

Go down

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Empty Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn?

Post by Alex_s April 28th 2014, 6:27 pm

Hi

Does anyone recognise this? The design on the reverse shows a dragon and landscape. You can't see the whole signature on this, but I think it's dated 1980? Very heavy vase using a lot of clay, and probably hand built.

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Studio10

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Studio12
Alex_s
Alex_s

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Empty Re: Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn?

Post by NaomiM April 28th 2014, 6:31 pm

George and the Dragon, maybe?
Do you have a photo of the base? I'm wondering if it's smooth which could point to Greek made, but my first thought is Spanish.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Empty Re: Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn?

Post by Alex_s April 28th 2014, 6:45 pm

Here are a couple more pics. George and the Dragon seems the obvious subject, and although the signature is hard to read no obvious English names spring to mind, so Spanish is a possibility. Greek perhaps not, because it isn't signed in the Greek alphabet. I bought it because it sits quite nicely with my Aller pieces.

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Horse_10

Wax resist studio vase horse rider and dragon poss 1980s, signed P Severn? Studio15
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 28th 2014, 7:04 pm

I'm going with Spanish, but it's only a gut feeling.
Very nice.  Excellent 

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s April 28th 2014, 7:20 pm

Thanks Naomi - I suspect you might be on the money there.
Alex_s
Alex_s

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM April 28th 2014, 7:30 pm

Well I only say that because it doesn't fit anything else I can think of. Plus I was on holiday in Spain in the 80s and saw some great pots; they seemed to be going through an experimental phase, so the date would fit. Plus it's George and the Dragon and which other country would do that? Anyway, that's my gut feeling.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum