Grey Sandblasted (?) Glass Vase

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grey Sandblasted (?) Glass Vase

Post by Dannd on July 31st 2013, 6:17 am

Hello!

Im new to this part of the forum and glassware so excuse my naivety! I bought this vase because I loved the color and shape, just wondering if this is IKEA or something else? Maybe someone can give me more information on the technique used to make this - is it sandblasted to give it that frosted appearance? Does this shape have a name? Would it be blown? Its unmarked so I have a sneaking suspicion it probably had a made in China or IKEA sticker at one point but I thought I would ask, even for the pure technical aspect of it. Any information about this would be great! Thank you for your time!

* It's 11.5" H x 5" W

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dannd

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Grey Sandblasted (?) Glass Vase

Post by JoFish on July 31st 2013, 1:44 pm

Don't remember seeing this design before, usually Chinese wares appear in large quantities.

It could be sandblasted or the satinated finish might have been achived with acid, either applied as a paste or fumed. It will have been blown into a mould first.

Elme of Sweden produced vases in this sort of shape but smaller and not satinated (as far as I know). Carlo Moretti on Murano produced a lot of satinated tall vases with pencil necks but usually more colourful, may be worth investigating.

John

JoFish

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannd on July 31st 2013, 7:25 pm

Thank you for your quick reply! You are right, I can definitely see a Elme of Sweden influence and a Carlo Moretti influence in this piece. Unfortunately its not signed (I assume all their pieces are?) but this has given me more to work with in my search!
Dannd

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JoFish on July 31st 2013, 10:38 pm

Carlo Moretti vases like this one are not signed:https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/GlassFromMurano#5803181161495124258
JoFish

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum