I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless

4 posters

Go down

I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless Empty I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless

Post by Mr Punch July 10th 2013, 9:29 pm

Found this little item and was wondering just what it might have been used for !, i personally guess that it might be some kind of a peeler ! . Approx 11cm long  x  2.5cm wide, is completely flat with a sharp hook type blade piece and has a hammered finish . Shrugs 

I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless Peeler001_zps72f24bb8

I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless Peeler002_zpse20c3816
Mr Punch
Mr Punch

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless Empty Re: I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless

Post by Potty July 11th 2013, 12:42 am

My best guess would be as a thread cutter for needle work. Shrugs

Could possibly be a letter opener even.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless Empty Re: I.D as to what this item is please !.Borrowdale stainless

Post by Potty62 May 22nd 2020, 12:28 pm

I’ve also got one of these and had it identified as a peeler
Potty62
Potty62

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2020-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Grandad May 22nd 2020, 1:54 pm

Looking at where the blade is and the narrow cutting surface it would be a highly inefficient peeler and difficult to use as such. I'd consider it more likely to be either a thread or string cutter, maybe even a box-tape cutter. Another possibility is that it was made as an angler's accessory for gutting fish; it's just the right shape to do that efficiently.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty62 May 22nd 2020, 2:36 pm

I thought cutter of some type, then I got a message from a lady in the Cotswolds saying it was for scoring oranges so they would peel easier. Gonna try and find some more info as to what it is.
Potty62
Potty62

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2020-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum